Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The flights are booked!




I can't stop staring at these precious pictures. I can't wait to hold her!
14 Days and counting!

We are off to Guatemala to meet our sweet new baby girl. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!
The soonest we can go is July 25th and we will be there until July 30. She will get to stay with us the entire time at a hotel in Guatemala City. We cannot leave the hotel with her but who needs to. . . we are just going to hold her, cuddle her and stare at her! The outfits, baby bottles, blankets, bibs, ect. . . are already out in our bedroom ready to be packed. I ordered Spanish board books on line today. . . praying her foster mom will read to her.
A huge answer to prayer we found out wonderful information about her foster family that is going to be taking care of her. I have been in contact with another family from our agency that had their baby girl in her care. They adore the family and can't say enough wonderful things about them. It gives us such peace of mind to know even though she cannot be in our arms she is being loved. . . Praise God! She could spend the first 6 months of her life with this family and it is such a relief to hear such good things. It has been a whirlwind since the day we got the phone call. I was absolutely shocked I had posted the same day to say we were at least 5 down on the list and it would be soon but not for awhile. The next day we had a trip planned to Penticton, Canada to celebrate our 10 year anniversary ( a little early.) We went and had a fabulous time - wine tasting, laying in the sun, eating great food and staring at her pictures we received. Since we have been back it has been a whirlwind of booking flights, sending new paperwork, meeting with the notary, taking medical records to our pediatrician, and staring at her pictures some more:) We are thrilled to say the least. Please pray that she is growing and gaining weight. I will post another picture because she is so beautiful. I am in love!
Oh yes, the name question. . . we have not decided but think we have it narrowed down to two. We are going to wait until we meet her and hold her. I promise when we come back she will have a name.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just cried!
Patty

Anonymous said...

It might sound silly, but I think she looks like you Darcy!! :) I know I've already said this, but WOW, she is such a beautiful baby! I will be praying for her and for you guys as you prepare to meet her for the first time... how exciting! I sent Jordan all the pictures of her in his last care package. He's dying to see them!

Tam said...

She is just so beautiful! The visit trip is so wonderful and I'm so excited for you.

Kay C. said...

Darc - this is just amazing - I can't stop thinking about you guys...can only imagine what this feeling must be like for you guys....so wonderful. Love you, K

Kari H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari H. said...

Amazing! I too share your love of the Guatemalan people! Your little one is darling. It is fitting to wait on the name. When I lived with my host family in Xela they had just had a baby and were waiting to name her until they knew her better. Most babies come home from the hospital unnamed and within 30 days they usually name the baby. I can't wait to hear more about your visit! Give her a kiss from the Hammond family!
Kari

Lindsay Murphy said...

Oh my gosh...she is so gorgeous! I cannot wait for you to hold her too. I'm hoping to see you on Saturday so we can talk about all this exciting news. I'm so happy for you guys...no one deserves it more!!

Anonymous said...

Darcy!
I heard that she was born and that you two are finally heading over to meet her. She is so beautiful. I can't help but think of the amazing woman she is going to become, having such loving parents. I am so happy for your family. Enjoy every minute of your trip!!
Love,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Darcy, she is soooo beautiful. I am so happy for your family. I have goose bumps and can't wait to hear more!

Jody/Willard

Kathy Hansen said...

Congratulations guys, she is beautiful! What a lucky little girl to have such a great family waiting for her.

Kathy

Savannah said...

Well, you know I can not even read a posting without crying. I am just so happy for all of you and for your new sweet baby girl! She is so cute and what a blessing to know she is being loved and cared for already. Her little life is just going to keep getting better! Our prayers are with you and your little unnamed bundle of joy.
Love Krissy

Anonymous said...

She looks just like me and Keagan! Finally some diversity in this family! Grace thinks she looks asian, but she thinks every non-white person looks asian. Okay. . . I made that last part up. I can't wait to bring her home and teach her to wrestle.

big uncle damian

Anonymous said...

Yahooooo!!!!! I love her and can't wait to buy her lots of designer clothing and shoes:)...Thanks for keeping your "extended" family updated. She is a precious little bean...

Can you believe I am actually blogging right now???

I love you guys. Congratulations.
Love, Megan