Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

WE HAVE A NAME! Lucia Jacinta Shean McMurray

Twin Brothers ready to be Big Brothers! Thanks Uncle Bryan for the T-shirts!
My new favorite picture!
Dad always is bouncing me and making up songs just like he did with my brothers.
We could not kiss her enough.
Wearing Anna Millers jammies she looked so cute!
Aaron's favorite picture of Lucy
She slept, smiled, ate, and looked cute! She was the easiest baby in the world. We are so blessed. God has been so faithful. He picked the perfect baby for us.
She makes this adorable "O" face all the time. Our god-daughter Lindsay used to make the same face
Lucia is ready to dance with her brother Keagan.
I love sleeping pictures. . . I can't stop taking them. She is so peaceful and sweet.
This picture looks so much like how she really looks in person. It captures her.
My mom made this dress for her, and the sweater, the socks, a darling hat that was too big, and yes she made shoes to match! Grammy Sparkle goes all out!
I miss her! Look at that baby!
We are home! The boys are great and we were so glad to see them. We were aching for those two energy-filled boys! Thanks again for all the prayers. We felt strength and a sense of amazing peace giving her back. She is in good hands and we both feel a deep sense of calling to this journey. We prayed for her many many times when we were there. I miss her terribly and more than anything would love to have her home with us, but I know she will be someday and it will all be worth it. Here is the meaning behind why we chose her name.

Lucia - I have always loved the name Lucy. All my dolls were Lucy when I was a little girl and we wanted a name that sounded both American and had a Latin feel to honor her culture.

Jacinta - The name of her Guatemalan grandmother, who died of cancer a year ago. We can shorten Jacinta to Jane which is Aaron's mom's middle name.

Shean - My middle name, my mom's middle name, and my grandmother's maiden name.

So. . . all three grandmothers are honored in her name.

Nicknames that have already emerged -

Lucy Jane
L.J.
Baby Lu Lu
Lucita-0-so-sweeta
Lucia Maria (my mom always calls me Darcia Maria - why? - who knows?????)

**** We also have great news to share, while we were there with Lucia she went for her DNA appointment. You can read about that part of the process in the adoption process post. It is the first major step that needs to be completed. During the DNA appointment the Birth mother is there and they match their DNA samples. Our agency also conducts an informal interview with the Birth mother. She is given the choice to share as much information as she wishes to us and eventually to Lucia. We learned many details about Lucia's family that will be precious to her someday. We also received many pictures of the Birth mother holding Lucia in the little white dress we put her in that morning. We think it is really special that her Birth mother, Foster mother (she took her to the appointment), and her forever parents all held her in the same day and we all love her so much.

Her birth mother had a very loving message for Lucia that made us cry, yet I think they are the perfect words someday for Lucia to hear about the life her mother chose for her and she did it because she loved her so much. I thank God for her Birth mother every day and ask Him to take care of her and bless her family.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LUCY!
It's a beautiful name and it fits her!!!
Patty

Anonymous said...

I'm officially stalking your blog.

Lucia... it's perfect. And I think it's pretty cool her and I share middle names! :)

Anonymous said...

I love her name!! I am so happy for you and your family. She is so beautiful and what a wonderful family she is going to come HOME to!
Jody/Willard

Unknown said...

Finally! I think we have all been checking the blog every 15 minutes for an update. I love the name and thanks for all the beautiful photos--she smiles so much!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations big brothers Keagan and Kinkade--you are going to be the best big brothers ever!! I loved your new shirts. I also loved your sweet baby sisters new name and adorable pictures. The story about her birth mother made me cry--so sweet--I will pray for her as well--what an amazing choice to give her daughter such a wonderful life with your family. Love you guys!!

Kari H. said...

Darcy and Aaron,
I love the name Lucy and it seems to fit her perfectly. I was showing Elliot the pictures of her this morning and he points to the bow and says, "Why does she have a crown on?" I explained that she is the McMurray's new princess! He seemed to understand that perfectly. He said, "Like Dexi (Alexa) is our princess!" I am so happy for you, the boys, and your new princess. Many blessings,
Kari H.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron, Darcy Kinkade and Keagan,

How extraordinary! Your wee princess is so beautiful. I have been reading your updates these past few days and tears are always present. She is wonderfully blessed to be a part of your ever loving family. God is good!

Lucia - a beautiful name - my cousin in Australia named her little girl Lucia.

Jane McIver will totally love the name. The "I love Lucy" queen.
You're all in my prayers.
Margaret/Willard

Tam said...

Great pics! All your children are beautiful!

Lindsay Murphy said...

I love Lucy too! You have always loved that name...and it's perfect for her. She is so happy. Keep posting more of those adorable pictures. Tell the boys hi for me.