Pages

Friday, December 21, 2007

2nd DNA done!

This is the picture from her first DNA test when she was one month old. I thought it would be fun to see how much she has grown.
Here she is TODAY getting her 2nd DNA test. Of course being such a good sport. I love that I can picture her today in this outfit and know exactly how she looks.

"Hi Mom and Dad I am ready to come home!"

Aaron and I both burst out laughing when we saw this picture. Her face is so sweet and goofy. I can barley contain my excitement to go get her. It is really going to happen!

We just got news that Lucia's 2nd DNA was done today. We love the pictures she is looking so big. From that point on we begin the two week countdown to PINK! So most likely we will receive pink in the beginning or mid January! Pink, for those that don't recall, is the US Embassy's notice to adoptive parents of their Embassy appointment to finalize the adoption paperwork and get the baby's passport and visa to travel home!
This 2nd DNA test began recently in August to aid in eliminating any issues with regards to switching babies. Our agency is incredibly reputable so we never feared that problem, but every baby adopted from Guatemala now has to have this test done. This is a good procedure to have in place - to be able to compare the baby's 1st DNA test with his 2nd DNA test. Pray for a speedy pink!!! We can't wait to go and get her.

10 comments:

Kathy Hansen said...

Oh My Gosh, she justs gets cuter every day!!!! Praying for pink!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooooo, i can't wait to MEET her!!!!
what a little love!
xoxoxoxox
heidi

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking my FIRST bottle of Pink champagne...more to come.
;)
Patty

Anonymous said...

Hooray on the 2nd DNA test--the same cute little bundly and she was even wearing turqoise. Love to you all. Mulders

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAYYYYY!!! I hope the rest goes as quickly as possible. And then just think, something AMAZING to look forward to in yucky January! :)

Well, I'm off to Stone Hell... pray for me...

The Boggs Family said...

Ahh McMurray's, we are SOoooo excited for you and she is flat out, ADORABLE! I can't wait to meet her in person and see you doting on her at church! :) I know you are excited as all getout to finally be nearing the time you get the green light to go get her. We are praying your pink slip comes sooner than later. Lots of love to you guys from the Boggs' family...

Pineapple Princess said...

I'm praying for you guys!

Stacy and Isabella

ryan & janny said...

She has grown so much!! ...and cuter than ever!
-janny

Savannah said...

Hey guys, i have been so worried and thinking of youso much, Darc I need your new #. Anyway I am here looking at your beautiful daughter and of course I am in tears!!!! I am thrilled and so thankful I love all of you
Krissy

Alisha said...

She is just beautiful Darcy! Can't wait for you to finally have her home. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas, the boys are so big, I can't beleive it!
Love you and we're praying for you and your family - Alisha