Pages

Monday, December 10, 2007

Getting Closer. . .

Here she is wearing AQUA moms favorite new color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have always loved this sweet picture of her sleeping. Mandolyn made this blanket for her. And, I have decided to use the same fabric for her bedding.

YEAH!!!!!! Lucia's Birth Certificate was e-mailed to us this morning. It is so amazing to see our last name with her birth name. Now we can check off the first 5 steps and we are on to her passport an d 2nd DNA test. From the DNA test our agency says it is about 2 weeks until you get your pink slip with the date to come and get her. The only problem is I have heard the US
Embassy is closed for the Holidays from Dec. 22 - Jan 2. So we will probably be traveling the first week of January to go and get her. Lucia's birth mom and foster mom have really been heavy on my heart. As her birth mom did sign off for the final time, and her foster mother is preparing to to give Lucia to us. I am praying for peace and strength for both of them. Wow, this little sweet bundle is causing a lot of emotions. She is loved so deeply.
You might be wondering why I am blogging in AQUA and BROWN today . . . . well these are the two colors of Lucia's nursery that is starting to come together. I will post pics of it when it is finished. I did not let myself start the nursery until we exited PGN. So we have made several trips to the fabric store and paint store. Thanks for all your prayers. We are getting closer!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Kathy Hansen said...

Very exciting! I was praying this morning that you would get some encouraging news today, as I am sure everyone was. God is so good.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Well I decided to sing a song and make the rest of the list (and there are only 8 things left) match the 12 days of Christmas melody...so put on your Xmas tunes and put the items left to music!

Can you tell it's finals week...
xoxoxo...
Patty

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see sweet Lucia's nursery--you are so creative Darcy!! Love, Mulder

Chantelle said...

I am soooo happy for you guys!!! I have been meaning to leave a comment and have not in some time. I am sooo happy that little cutie is coming home!!!!!!!!!!
You probably already know this, but if you ask LAbcorp, they will give you tracking info on your DNA and you can follow it all the way to the Embassy....I did and it was actually a lot of fun...Even more fun to call and check on pink, and they told me they did not have the results, and I got to "help" them by giving them the name that signed for it....And sure enough, we had pink!!!
What a life changing trip that will be. Lucia is so so cute and I love all of her adorable photos!!!! God is good!
Chantelle (Bianca's Mom)
www.adventuresinbianca.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Dear Lucy,

I cannot wait to hold you! I have been practicing on Beau, so I should be up to par when you get home. :) I CAN'T WAIT!!

P.S. You're going to have the cutest nursery EVER!

Tam said...

Won't be long now! I'm so happy for you!