She has been in arms forever one month now. It is difficult for me to put in words all that she is, what I have learned from her and this experience, and what she has brought to our family.
First off let me describe Lucia's personality or should I say "Wow she has a lot of personality!" which has been said many times since our friends and our family have gotten to meet Lucy Jane.
I asked Lucia's foster mom to describe her in one word and she said PERFECT. If I had to describe her in one word it would be JOYFUL!
But that is not all let me round out the list with:
Feisty, independent, funny, interactive, social, captivating, sweet, persistent, and FULL OF PERSONALITY!
She has so much personality and is so social that when I am in Costco I feel like I am shopping with J Lo in my cart. She acts as if she is on a float waving and smiling at EVERYONE who walks by. People are simply captivated by her and can't help but stop and interact. I feel like the paparazzi are going to start following me.
Since Lucia has been home she has had some milestones and changed.
* Tonight was the first night she took a real bath in the tub! She has been terrified of the bath. We have gradually worked her into it through sink baths and lots of sponge baths. I was so proud of her tonight so brave and in the tub. In Guatemala our Foster mom did not do baths only sponge baths.
* She is almost crawling. She scoots backwards, and rolls around the floor.
* She has gotten two teeth on the bottom. Of course you wouldn't know she has been teething through her disposition since she has been so cheerful and happy almost every moment since she has arrived!
* She signs when she is "all done" in the highchair. And is starting to learn "more."
* She is eating avocados, peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, beans, crackers, peaches, pears, and lots of blueberries!
What I have learned from Lucia and our adoption journey-
- She has brought me to my knees in prayer.
- She makes me smile and laugh all day long!
- She has taught me how to smile and interact with total strangers.
- She has shown me Joy in its purest form. She truly is the happiest human I have ever known in my life.
- She has shown me in amazing ways that God is so faithful and good. And prayer is REAL!
-The love between siblings does not have to be biological. Families really are built on love, I know it sounds cheesy but it is so true.
- She has helped me stop the daily chores and focus on relationships and time together, the dishes can wait!
- Dressing a baby girl is all it is cracked up to be! Maybe one of the most fun things I've ever done!
-Lucia loves Faces more than anything! Her eyes light up when she sees another person. People are really the most important reason that we are here. It is all about relationships!
She is beautiful in every way and her joyful spirit shines through. Her name means light in the world and I believe she is going to do that. She is such a precious little baby girl. Thank you God for this sweet spirit we will do the best we can to raise her to love YOU and bring light into this world. Lucia I love you so much. I still can't believe I get to be your mommy.
Here are some of my favortie pictures and moments from the first month with Lucy Jane!